Wednesday 18 November 2009

Ollie's first food







Today I decided to give Ollie his first real taste of food, well baby rice if you can call that food. It was a very different experience to when I gave Harry his first baby rice. With Harry I read all the books on weaning in preparation, brought many different bowls, spoons etc, sterilised everything in sight and even got my Mum to come over and assist with the whole process (in case you are interested this book is the one I found most useful). However, with Ollie I have been far more relaxed and just bought some baby rice a few days ago and decided at lunch time to go for it, so mixed some up in a little bowl and off we went. Ollie thought it was hilarious and laughed the whole time letting the rice fall out of his mouth as he did, I don’t think he actually ate any of the rice but we had lots of fun. Tonight I am making us a big roast dinner so will prepare some extra vegetables, steam them and freeze them into ice cube trays, so I should have a freezer full of little multicoloured ice cubes by tomorrow.



Harry having his first taste of food, check out his mowhawk!

No comments: